Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Why, Momma?

I must hear that question a hundred times a day.

Me: "We put a period at the end of a sentence."
E: "Why, Momma?"

Me: "Recycling is good for our Earth."
G: "Why, Momma?"

Me: "Division is a helpful math tool!"
T: "Why, Mom?"

Me: "Clean your room!"
All: "WHY, MOMMA!?!?"

Why, why, why, why, why... All day long. It used to drive me crazy. Now, unless the have driven me to the edge of a very steep cliff, I usually use it as an opportunity to explain further on a subject.

I have found that as we have been homeschooling my fuse gets shorter and shorter every year. Possibly because I figure we have been doing it long enough I shouldn't have to herd them to the table every morning and explain that math comes first, then language, then... You get the idea. They are smart kids, why can't they just follow the directions?!?!? Don't get me wrong, there have been days that when my alarm goes off, they come running in(having been up since 6am they proudly announce) already done their math.

Needless to say homeschooling is harder than I thought it would be. Though, their education is my top priority, and I mean TOP, it doesn't mean there aren't days I threaten to send them back to public school. And they CRY! So I guess I must be doing something right.

I'm going to share in a box on the right, a list of what we use for schooling for anyone who is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment